Wednesday, December 30, 2009

lets do it all over again

...


a bit of old news and a tale

I am in process of making a soundtrack for the last night of 2009 and surfing through music blogs for ..emm.. opinions (downloads) .. i came across this:
several music heads seem to agree that this is the track of the year... ---> The Horrors "Sea within a Sea"



Tale (true story):one year in my party days (like yesterday) I was in Berlin during fashion week at Rio (did it close down??), Vice party. Fresh off the press The Horrors were there, stood in the shadowed corner, breething deep, beers in hand, gathering to play, they were either clad in Dior Homme or looking like Hedi Simane's dream, who knows which came first.. My intoxicated friend apporached the kids and said haughtily: "Well?.. Are you actually going to play any good music or you just dressed in Dior?" In fact their performance, I would describe -- as dedicated. They made an effort, and now -- the handsome video with sonar quality to match. ( soft spot -- the monochrome again!)

I am after the remixes of Sea within a Sea.. it's ll be a good one for the countdown, let's swim!
cheers, lads...

so this is the end, my beautiful friend, ciao 2009

hello and happy 2010!

xxx


...

No comments:

Post a Comment