it has been 6 month since I had written on this blog.
in between i retreated to my website, had interim blog which was meant to be mostly a music and entertainment inspiration collection, but it ended up relapsing to my usual format of musings, where my words took over, and grew into sentences, and sentences into paragraphs. I had tried to erase the past and present the future only, or be serious, controlled and minimal with my words. I was not sure words were my medium, but they very much are. I have committed various virtual suicides over the years online, several times now in various ways i ended it, but the blog always comes back to life, AM Husk lives on!!
this time it is winter again and the time when writing in badly lit kitchen during the arctic spell that has overtaken NY seems suitable. as is catching up on reading: my favorite book that I gave to myself for Xmas is this Alec Soth book of conversations.
from graininess of pictures to authorship, to subject of love, to dissolution with the medium of photography -- the conversation is wide-ranging yet to the point and well-edited, as it is highlighted in this book: editing is one of the most creative ways to communicate. editing is what makes the art.
Alec Soth seems to have been able to preserve an approach to photography/his practice (for lack of better word) that is his own and ever evolving. the reason I was drawn to his work form the moment I came across it -- is that it had a quality of not trying to hard but rather just being. not trying to be a good, excellent photograph. not trying to be a cool intentionally shitty photograph. i felt his personality, his eyes were able to transmit me to where he was, more so then many other images I look at.

Since I left here I had shown my short at anthology archives and a series of videos at Forest Fringe in Edinburgh.
...

No comments:
Post a Comment