

...
Anastasia came over today, bringing along a faded 2nd edition book of Fitzerald's "This side of Paradise".. (click img to see the quotes, oscar wilde poignantly pins down what i am working on).
>>why this book now? -- I asked.
Well.. .. she replied after hesitating, mildly embarrassed -- I discovered he was born on the same day as me, I am curious. It is exactly a month before my birthday today and I want to know more about myself. maybe he'll tell me.<<
so perfectly simple, the motivating force -- vanity yet again, as valid an inspiration to get further educated as any other.
***
Anastasia is the girl twirling in the blue dress in subtitles 01, she is my collaborator and impersonator, a transmitter.
I should finally give her a name as she in her own right is an artists. sometimes i think.. who is doing the work, she or I. but it's irrelevant in the end. we both like it this way, so it goes.




Discussing this made us both think of the Blue from KRZYSZTOF KIESLOWSKI's "Three Colours" (screenshots above).. where a composer isn't the demised husband as first appears, but the widow.. left alone with herself, the music and little purpose after his death.
...
No comments:
Post a Comment